Tuesday, January 16, 2007

DOJ/FTC joint report on competition in the works

As an American Bar Association member, I listened in to a brown bag lunch dicussion this afternoon relating to recent Department of Justice and Federal Trade Commission actions in support of competition in residential real estate brokerage services. Most interesting, I learned that some time this spring DOJ and FTC anticipate releasing a substantial joint report on competition in the real estate brokerage marketplace. If anything, this further demonstrates how serious the federal antitrust regulators consider competitive issues in this industry.

I'll post separately on a question I presented to the panel relating to what I had thought was a recently promulgated rule by NAR relating to a broker's ability to remove certain listings from his or her own VOW.

No comments:

Post a Comment